Amethyst: Using Amethyst in Your Every Day Life
What is Amethyst?
- Amethyst is a variety of quartz that comes in shades of violet and purple.
- Amethyst derives it’s name from the Greek, ametusthos with means not intoxicated. The Greeks wore Amethyst and carved drinking vessels out of the stone because they believed it prevented drunkenness and overindulgence.
- Practitioners of Feng Shui believe Amethyst brings wealth enhancement.
- The Ancient Chinese believed Amethyst clears negative energy and daily hazards.
- Amethyst was used by soldiers in ancient times due to the belief in its powerful and protective nature.
- Amethyst has been used throughout history by monarchs as a symbol of royalty.
- Amethyst can be found all over the world. Uruguay, South Korea, South India and the United States are just a few examples. Brazil has the largest deposit found in recent years which has caused the stone to lose it’s precious value.
Healing Properties of Amethyst
- Amethyst is an emotional healer. Whether you are dealing with painful memories, loss or grieving Amethyst brings out your inner strength and aids in emotional stability.
- Amethyst relieves stress, balances mood swings, and releases anger, rage, fear and anxiety.
- Amethyst produces a calming effect on the mind and body which helps you focus on your surroundings.
- Amethyst is a stone of spiritual protection. It not only opens and enhances one’s own psychic abilities it also protects from psychic attacks from outside sources.
- Amethyst enables you to not only get to sleep but to get restful sleep. It is also believed to help you remember and understand your dreams.
- Not only does Amethyst heal emotional pain, it assists in physical issues. It is believed to alleviate lung and respiratory diseases, skin diseases, cell disorders and digestive system issues.
Amethyst is connected to both the crown and the third eye chakras. It is said to be a bridge between the physical body and the spiritual realms. Amethyst helps awaken the third eye and allows you to harness the power of intuition.
Cleansing Your Stone
There are a multitude of ways to cleanse Amethyst.
- Running water is the easiest and quickest method. A natural source of running water such as a stream or river is best, but if you don’t have access spring water is your next best option.
- You can bury your Amethyst in a bowl of brown rice. You should leave the stones in the rice for 24 hours and be sure to discard the rice after us.
- Placing your stones in the moonlight will recharge and dispel all negative energies stored in your stones.
- Smudging your stone with sage is another great method for cleansing and recharging your stones.
Pisces February 19 – March 20