Aventurine: Using Aventurine in Your Every Day Life
What is Aventurine?
- Aventurine is a type of quartz crystal that comes in a variety of colors including blues, greens, reds, oranges and browns.
- Aventurine derives it’s name from the Italian, a ventura or all’avventura meaning by chance.
- Tibetans used Aventurine when decorating their buildings, statues and when designing other forms of art.
- Aventurine is known by many names such as Adventurine, Adventure Stone, Indian Jade and Venetian Stone.
- Early civilizations placed Aventurine next to their beds due to the belief that it wards of sinister forces and evil spirits.
- Aventurine was discovered by archeologists in the Omo Valley of Ethiopia. Artifacts such as beads, talismans and amulets were found that dated back 2.5 million years.
- Aventurine can be found in Brazil, Tanzania, and India.
Healing Properties of Aventurine
- Green Aventurine is the most popular version of the stone due to the belief of it being a good luck talisman.
- Green Aventurine has a soothing energy that calms nervous energy, anger and irritation. It also helps relieve the stress of every day life.
- Blue Aventurine allows you to rid your life of bad habits. If you have an addiction to drugs or alcohol, smoking or any other negative traits Blue Aventurine will help you to overcome those issues and become a more whole individual.
- Blue Aventurine can also be advantageous in your professional life. Bringing your leadership and management qualities to the forefront.
- Red Aventurine despels negative energies and balances the energies between your heart, body and mind.
- It also increases creativity levels and inspires the drive to complete any project.
- Blue Aventurine works with the Throat and Third Eye chakras. It allows us to accept our spiritual gifts and intuitive abilities.
- Green Aventurine is associated with the Heart chakra. It allows us to open our hearts to not only love ourselves but to love others as well.
- Red Aventurine is associated with the Heart and Root chakras. It allows self love an acceptance as well as grounding and keeping you centered.
Cleansing Your Stone
Aventurine has many methods by which you can cleanse your stone.
- Due to the hardness factor of Aventurine cleansing it with water is the most popular options. You can hold your stone under running water or taking it to a river or lake. Be sure to dry your stone completely, either by using a towel or allowing it to dry in ther sunlight. If drying by the sun be sure to remove it once it is dry due to the fact that too much sunlight may damage your stone.
- If using sage to cleanse your stones be sure to use an abalone shell or copper vessel to hold the sage. Allow the sage to smoke and pass your stoners through the smoke to dispel all negative energies.
- Using other crystals to dispel negativity is also an option. Allow your stones to rest on crystals such as selenite or clear crystal for a minimum of 12 hours.
Cancer June 22 – July 22