Blue Apatite Properties: Using Blue Apatite in Your Every Day Life
What is Blue Apatite?
- Blue Apatite is a type of phosphate mineral that was first named by a German geologist in 1786.
- Apatite is derived from the Greek apatao, which means to deceive. It is believed the name originated from the fact that the stone had been confused with other gemstones.
- Blue Apatite can be found in numerous countries across the globe from the United States to Mexico to Norway. The largest deposit thus far has been found in Kirovsk, a town in northwest Russia.
- Although blue is the most common color for Apatite it can also be found in shades of yellow, gray, white, purple, brown, red-brown and violet.
Healing Properties of Blue Apatite
- Blue Apatite is known as a stone of manifestation. It helps promote a humanitarian attitude.
- Apatite is a stone that is not only attuned to the future, it also connects you to your past lives.
- Apatite helps activate pychic abilities and allows for an expansion of knowledge.
- Blue Apatite helps ease introverts in social situations, dissolving aloofness and alienation.
- Apatite allows for a deeper reflection into one’s self, seeking inner clarity.
- Apatite helps expand knowledge and truth.
- Blue Apatite eases sorrow, apathy and anger. It allows for the reduction of irritability.
- Apatite can be used to suppress hunger and to boost your metabolism.
- Apatite helps the body absorb calcium which in turn aids cartilage, bones, teeth, and motor skills.
Like other blue stones Apatite is associated with the throat chakra. Wearing or using Blue Apatite can help unblock your throat chakra. By unblocking your throat chakra you will be able to communicate in a more clear and concise manner. You will also be able to express yourself more openly.
Cleansing Your Stone
In order to get the greatest benefits from Blue Apatite you will need to cleanse it’s energies. There are a few ways in which this may be accomplished. You can submerge it in water for a few hours, smudge the stones with sage, or expose your stones to the purifying light of the moon.