Unakite Properties: Using Unakite in Your Every Day Life
What is Unakite?
- Unakite, also known as Epidote Granite, is a common form of Granite with Epidote, Pink Orthoclase and Quartz.
- Unakite derives its name from the Unaka Mountains of Western North Carolina. The stone was first discovered in 1874.
- Unakite is a form of Jasper
- Folklore tells us that those who carry this stone will have the power to locate things that have been lost.
- Unakite can be found in the steps leading into the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.
- Predominately found in the United States, Unakite can also be found in Brazil, China, South Africa and Sierra Leone.
Healing Properties of Unakite
- Unakite assists in finding inner peace and calm. It is believed to help balance our emotions and spirit.
- Unakite helps one deal with depression, insomnia, or addiction issues.
- Unakite transforms anger and fear into positive energies.
- Unakite improves patience and resilience.
- Unakite helps remove roadblocks that get in the way of personal growth.
- Unakite supports the female reproductive system and healthy pregnancies.
Unakite is associated with the heart chakra. It is a wonderful stone for opening your heart chakra to healing and allowing you to love and be loved in return. Using Unakite with your heart chakra is believed to bring the love you need at that point in time into your life.
Cleansing Your Stone
The best way to cleanse Unakite is by using a soft cloth or brush with warm soapy water. By placing Unakite in the sunlight for the day you can fully charge your stone.